Doterra Essential Oils vs. Young living Essential Oils; Which One is Right for You?
I have been using Essential Oils for 15 years, but a few years ago, I learned about different Essential oils brands and different qualities of essential oils and wanted to up my game to make sure I was getting the absolute best essential oils. While I can’t necessarily tell you which company is right for you, I can tell you how I decided which company was right for me.
I was first introduced to Young living essential oils, and I thought they were great, I still do. I purchased a couple of bottles to take with me for 9 weeks in Thailand at a hot yoga teacher training where I would be doing 3 hours of hot sweaty yoga every day for 9 weeks. I purchased an uplifting oil, a mat cleaning spray and some oils to put in my water. Once I got to Thailand my roommate had a Doterra essential oil blend that we began applying, it smelled sooo great.
When I got home, I was faced with a decision and some research; I knew that I wanted to continue using and improve my essential oil knowledge and collection.
After Researching both Doterra and Young living this is what I came up with:
- Both Young Living and Doterra essential oils great. Both companies do extensive testing, and have “beyond Organic” practices.
- Both Young Living and Doterra are committed to advancing scientific and medical research on the efficacy of essential oils. Both companies have teamed up with hospitals and research facilities to dispel rumors and wives tales and approach using essential oils from a scientific standpoint. This is something I greatly appreciate, as I value experiential knowledge, but I love a scientific confirmation of that knowledge.
So Why Did I Choose Doterra Essential Oils over Young Living?
Ultimately I thought that both companies were good, but I had to choose a company to work with. I chose doterra, here are my reasons:
- I love the seed to seal concept. I am a master gardner, and wine enthusiast. What made sense in my brain was this: Plants absorb all the nutrients in the soil around them, which is why a master sommelier can tell the difference between a wine made from grapes grown in Sonoma, than one grown in France. Doterra ensures all the plants that they distill oils from are grown indigenously, where the plants is healthiest.
- If all oils were created equal I would choose Doterra again because of Co-Impact Sourcing. It is something that I really do believe in, and although Young living does a lot of great things in the world too, This is the farming deals that doterra makes with farmers in villages all over the world. Doterra pays the farmers a fare wage, year round instead of just during harvest season, in addition doterra goes into villages and works with the local people to identify needs in the that will improve the lives of the entire community. They drilled a well in a village in Haiti that didn’t have fresh water, they have built schools, they have helped re-build entire villages following natural disasters. I want to be a part of an organization that participates actively in creating a positive global community, and I feel that doterra does that daily… Yes Please!
Watch this Video to see how co-impact sourcing helps villagers
More Reasons that persuaded my decision in Young Living vs. Doterra debate
- The Healing Hands foundation is a not for profit founded by doterra. Healing Hands mission is to help impoverished communities become self reliant. Doterra covers all the administrative costs and fees of running the foundation so that 100 percent of the proceeds go to the foundation. Yet another thing I respect and want to support.
- Supportive Up-lines were another in my growing list of reasons that I chose doterra. I love the structure of the compensation plan as it fosters mentoring and help. Whether you are trying to learn about how to use oils, or you are trying to grow a small business, the compensation plan rewards leaders for helping the people under them. I had read this, but I can now personally vouch for it. It truly is amazing to be a part of something where so many people want to see you succeed.
- The People While initially I was leaning towards Young Living because I knew the lady that initially sold me the oils, Ultimately, the things I learned about doterra and the people involved with doterra changed my mind. I like the positive environment, I love my team; they are like family, I love the products, and the corporate culture. Ultimately, you just have to make the best decision for you, find out which company is more in line with your personal values?
I’m ready but, Where Do I Start?????
If you’re ready to start your oil journey but not sure which oils to start with, click here I would love to chat with you and help you pick the oils that will help you achieve your personal health goals.
I always recommend starting with a kit, because you get a well rounded variety of oils, at the deepest discount. Kits vary between $150-$2500 dollars and many price points in between. My favorite kit for the beginner is the Home Essentials Kit….. unless you are ready to take the leap and makeover your whole house, then definitely go bigger, get the diamond kit!
Home Essentials Kit
10 most popular and useful oils plus a diffuser
Start your journey before Today with a home essentials kit and get these great bonuses:
- Free Copy of 150 Uses for the Home Essentials Kit
- Free 30 minute mentoring call to get you started with your oils
- Free Access to exclusive team facebook pages
- Free 5ml Bottle of Wild Orange Oil
Already know what oils/kit you want. Start Today!
Just in Case you didn’t want to read all of that, here it is in Video Format!