Cellulite is crazy, I remember being 19 working at the airport listening to the older ladies talk about it, thinking that “I’ would never have to deal with that because I simply knew everything and was superior to all those old ladies. Fast forward 20 years, and guess what. Cellulite is not my friend, I’m not sure if it is retribution for being such a holy terror when I was young, if it is just bad karma or genetics. Either way I have to deal with it now so I thought I would share with you.
Now I get it, I absolutely detest when people are crazy about something and there are a lot of crazy oilers out there that claim essential oils can cure anything. Well if you’re looking for that, you’ve come to the wrong place. I am very pragmatic and believe that disease and health for that matter, have to be approached from many different perspectives combines. Essential Oils, Diet, Exercise, Emotional Stability, Positive thinking; none of those things can cure any disease, or make you healthy by itself. But, you combine all of them and it is one crazy powerhouse behind your mission.
So when I began researching cellulite, know that with this “anti Cellulite” bath comes a whole slew of other things like positive affirmations for my body, a reduction in peanut M&Ms and an increase in Yoga and Green Smoothies. But since this blog is about Essential Oils, I thought I would focus on that part of my mission. According to The Complete Book of Essential oils and Aromatherapy ( My all time favorite EO Book), there are a number of causes and it is not easy to get rid of and worst of all it comes back REALLY easy once you’ve already had it (lucky me…right). My plan is multi faceted, and it goes a little something like this.
- 1 green smoothie a day
- Increase blood circulation by dry skin brushing. Using an all natural bristle body brush start brushing at your outer extremities and work towards your core in an upward motion, this will increase circulation of not only your blood, but of your lymphatic fluid, which is one factor in cellulite development.
- Have an exercise plan that focuses on the cellulite areas, as cellulite develops in places that aren’t getting worked enough. For me this is Bikram Yoga because it focusses on EVERYTHING!!!
- Massage the whole body every day. I’m lazy so I use this electric massager while I’m watching tv. After applying this anti-cellulite massage oil to the areas where there is actually cellulite. The massage is two fold, it massages the areas with the cellulite and prevents cellulite from popping up in other areas because it is loosening the fascia and again increasing circulation.
- 10 minutes a day of deep breathing and meditation. Stress causes cellulite to linger, so by relaxing your mind and calming your body, you can allow it to go
- Fascia is a big part of cellulite and one of the best ways to get into the facia is with foam rolling. I love doing it and again will roll all over this thing while I am watching tv, chatting with Scott or watching Greys Anatomy. I have tried all kinds of foam rollers from the flat manduka one to the really bumpy trigger point one that left bruises and finally found this one by Ultimate Summit that was just right and has a little texture but not so much that I look like a leopard from the bruising.
- Take Baths with this Anti-cellulite Essential Oil and Bath Salt recipe.
Let me know how it goes, I will be sending all my positive vibes your direction.