I was introduced to Immortelle last summer, It was a fantastic recommendation and I have incorporated it into my daily skin care routine every morning. It is silky smooth and has a lot of oils that are known to be fantastic for your skin. I will typically roll it on the top of my forehead (I have very expressive eyebrows, which results in fine lines along my forehead from raising them, a little too often). I also use it along the corners of my mouth as well as where there would inevitably be crows feet growing if I didn’t use it.
I also spend ALL Summer out in the sun. Not sunbathing (I’ve never been into just lying in the sun, but my face does get a lot of sun from hiking, going fishing and crabbing as well as just being outdoors constantly. This oil goes on every outdoor trip with me and I love how it nourishes my skin after sun exposure
What is in Immortelle?
The long answer is that it is a couple of things. The immortelle that I use is a proprietary blend of oils combined by doterra that consists of the following ingredients:
- Frankincense Resin
- Hawaiian Sandalwood
- Lavender Flower
- Myrrh Gum Resin
- Helichrysum Flower
- Rose Flower
This however is not to be confused with the Immortelle essential oil that is Helichrysum italicum which is an essential oil from a single plant. Be very careful when you are looking for immortelle that you understand what it is and don’t confuse them.
Who should use Immortelle?
The short answer is anyone trying to keep their youthful glow, and I feel like this applies to people of all ages. It totally sucks when people wait to start taking care of their skin until they are 40, because a lot of damage is already done, and just like everything else in life, it is much easier to maintain something that it is to try and fix it. In a nutshell the Immortelle blend will do the following things
- Helps to reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Helps reduce contributing factors to the appearance of aging skin
- Helps sustain smoother, more radiant, and youthful-looking skin
- Helps to beautify the skin
- There are powerful oils in every drop
When should you use Immortelle?
Well like I just said possible every day for your whole life if you are looking to maintain healthy youthful skin, but here are some daily uses that you could start tomorrow to get your skin on track (and who doesn’t want that right).
- Apply as part of your morning and night facial routine after toner before serum and moisturizer. The Helichrysum helps to block uv rays according to Dr. Ax, so I add it to my routine because of my sun exposure. Helichrysum is also an antioxidant Powerhouse, and since oxidation is what causes aging, so I’m totally down with getting as much Helichrysum in my life as I can.
- Apply topically to reduce the appearance of blemishes. If you think about it acne is caused by excess oil in a clogged pore which allows bacteria to grow in it, causing redness. For this reason many of the oils in this blend are great restoring the natural (unclogged) state of the skin because of their antibacterial properties.
- Apply after a long day at the beach for a soothing sensation it will help nourish your skin
- Apply under your arms after a sweaty workout or a day in the sun again because of the antibacterial properties, it kills the bacteria that grows in your sweat that causes Body Odor.
Where should you use Immortelle?
I primarily use it on my face and neck because of its ability to make skin glow, but it also has a number of great aromatherapy qualities. Lavender, Sandalwood and Frankincense are great for relaxing your mind and calming your nerves, so a great place to use it to roll it on the back of your neck, or bottom of your feet. You could also put it in a diffuser to make your whole house smell delightful.
Why Use Immortelle?
Well that one is easy, because it Rocks, and nobody wants to look their actual age. Anything that helps me look a couple of years younger is great!
So there it is, it is awesome, I hope you get some in your life as soon as possible.