I am so freaking excited. I just ordered my mothers day trio of spanking new, never been released before oils from doTERRA. Included in them is Red Mandarine, Kumquat, and Sunny Citrus Blend. In my world, this rocks. So while I am trying to get ready for their arrival with the anticipation of someone waiting for the stork, I thought I would share all my preparatory research.
WTF is Red Mandarine is my first question, and other than I citrus fruit being my first inclination I have no idea. Thank god for the inventor of the internet. Red Mandarin Essential Oil is sweet, and floraly, it smells a little like orange blossoms. Red Mandarine and Tangerine have the same scientific species name, but tangerine is an american term for the red mandarine, they are the same thing but as the variety of the tree was spread across the world, the nutrients in the soil have yielded surprisingly different tasting fruits, with different chemical constituencies. So one must look at both the latin name of the plant, and the sourcing location. I have emailed doTerra to find out exactly where theres is sourced and will update ya’ll when I hear back.
What I do know is that like other citrus, Red Mandarine is high in d-limonene, and let me tell you d-limonene is our friend. Sounds silly but that d-limonene has been shown to reduce cholesterol, among other things like fighting off cancer cells as explained in this Alternative Medicine Review. Ummmm Yes Please!!!!!
Benefits of Red Mandarine Essential Oil
- It has a soothing and balancing energy. that makes it great for yoga or to add to any of these meditation blends.
- It has superior anti-spasmodic properties and can be used in massage blends to soothe the muscles and relieve tightness.
- It is great for your skin. Historically it has been used to clear acne, reduce fine lines and wrinkles and scars
- It reduces pain and anxiety when used aromatically
- cytophylactic (stimulates generation of new cells)
- depurative (a.k.a detoxifying and purifying)
- hepatic (good for your liver)
- nervous relaxant
Uses for Red Mandarine Essential Oil
- Put a drop in your nighttime facial moisturizer to reduce acne, and improve cell regeneration while your body is resting.
- Instead of drinking orange soda try putting a drop of this in your soda water for a delightful tasting bubbly water. Make sure you use glass as oils deteriorate plastics and you don’t want to drink that.
- blend with lemongrass and coconut oil to massage on sore muscles
- Add 4 drops to a diffuser during your meditation or yoga practice
- Make a room spritz and deodorize rooms that have stagnant air
Red Mandarine Diffuser Blend That is Spicy Grounding and sweet
- 3 Drops Red Mandarine
- 1 Drops Basil
- 1 Drops Black Pepper
And just in case you think I’m a freak,,,, check out this guy… I love this song, and even more, this parody.
If you haven’t started on Your Essential Oil Journey yet, I’d love to get you started Visit this page to get started
That’s it for now