Oregano Essential Oil should be a main staple just like a little black dress, or flour in your pantry. Oregano Essential Oil has as many different uses, as well as health benefits. Oregano Oil has potent anti-aging, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-cancer, anti-diabetic, anti-fungal, anti-mutagenic, anti-parasitic and anti-inflammatory properties according to the latest research… Holy Shit, Oregano Oil fights almost all the bad guys!
Oregano Essential Oil is one of the most potent and powerful essential oils out there. It has been used for centuries in traditional health practices for its cleansing and immune-boosting properties, imagine that, we’re learning from the past. Who would have thought.
Part of the potency of oregano oil make it extremely “hot”, not “drop it like it’s hot“, but “Ouch, that shit is burning me hot” which means more than any other essential oil people have adverse skin reactions to Oregano oil when applied “neat” or undiluted. Make sure to always dilute oregano oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil or any other natural oil, such as almond oil, olive oil or jojoba oil when applying topically or taking internally in gel caps.
If you toss a drop of this in your mouth you will probably experiencing burning for longer than your last STD burned, it is not a good idea! Having said that I do cook with oregano oil, as it isn’t so hot when it is diluted in a cup of salad dressing or a pot of red sauce. …Aaaand, I think it is so gross that I just fit STD talk and cooking into the same paragraph. Sorry about that, but now it is like the train wreck that you can’t look away from, so not I totally can’t fix it.
The Chemistry and benefits of Oregano Essential Oil
The primary chemical components of Oregano oil are carvacol and thymol, both in the phenols group, which possess cleansing and antioxidant properties. One drop taken daily in a gel cap or rolled on bottom of feet can help maintain healthy immune function; Oregano Oil can be taken more frequently when seasonal threats are high or as needed to further support the immune system. In addition to being a popular cooking spice, Oregano Essential Oil also supports healthy digestion. Oregano Oil also acts as an enhancer and equalizer in essential oil blends and can help support healthy respiratory function when taken internally.
15 Uses for Oregano Essential Oil
- An Immune System Boost. Take several Drops in a veggie capsule for periodic immune support.
- Keep Calm and Oregano On. Concerned about the sanitary conditions of a public place you or the kids have just walked on with bare feet? Your feet absorb more than you think. Follow up by applying 1 drop each of Oregano essential Oil and Thyme Essential Oil, diluted with 6-7 drops of Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- Savor the Flavor. Put a drop of Oregano Oil in a tooth pick and stir into our spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, in a roast spice rub or any other entrée calling for dried or fresh oregano.
- The Best Defense is a Good Offense. To help keep your home clean, mix 3 drops of Oregano Oil with water in a glass spray bottle and spray it in the corners of shower sink or other damp and dark areas where mildew might be tempted to hang out.
- Little Italy at Home. Put a drop of Oregano and a drop of Basil in your veggie dip. Mix them both with olive oil and balsamic vinegar for a bread dip.
- Bring on Sandal Season. Apply 1 drop of Oregano essential oil to 6 drops Fractionated Coconut Oil to soften cuticles and rough spots that may be encroaching on your toenails. It is also great to use on toenail fungus.
- Digestive Dilemmas? Oregano is a key ingredient in dōterra’s GX Assist which helps clean your digestive system. It kills harmful bacteria and parasites. Millions of Americans are walking around with parasites in their digestive system.
- For Times of Change. This season change put 3 drops Oregano oil, 5 drops protective blend oil, 5 Drops Melaleuca & 5 drops Lemon in a veggie capsule, the properties of the oils work together to seasonal threats asses (seasonal threats aka allergies).
- Warming Wonder. Dilute just 1 drop Oregano Essential Oil in several drops of fractionated coconut oil and massage quickly into hands and feet to help warm the body.
- Chase away Whatever is Blocking Your Lower Registers. When It Comes to effortless breathing having Oregano Oil in your system (taken in a Veggie Capsule) has the ability to clear respiratory gunk.
- Comfortable Exit Ramps. When your body’s liquid waste elimination system is unhappy, it’s uncomfortable. Cranberry juice is great, but Oregano Oil is a rockstar. It will help your system work to clear it out and clean it up.
- Target the source of unsightly skin woes. Anyone’s skin can have imperfections, bumps or feel irritated. The same properties that make Oregano Oil great for internal use are also effective as a topical ointment. Use sparingly, and dilute 1 drop Oregano oil with 4 drops Fractionated Coconut Oil to prevent topical burning.
- Give some to your chickens instead of antibiotics. A recent article said that organic chicken farmers are using Oregano oil to keep bacteria away from their chickens. I put 10 drops Oregano essential oil in 2 oz of FCO and spray my chickens food every time I fill up the feeder. They absolutely love it and I have never given them antibiotics and they have never gotten sick. (Yes, chickens can get sick).
- Food-borne Problems Beware. Oregano Oil has properties that can counteract the effects of improper food handling practices, preparation and food storage. Combined with regular hand washing, Oregano Essential Oil has been known to be effective in contributing to the healthiness of foods.
- Less is more. In nearly all applications, more Oregano Oil is not the answer. Oregano Essential Oil is one of the most potent essential oils-usually only 1 drop is needed. When used improperly, be sure to have fractionated coconut oil on hand to dilute its potency.
Interesting Facts About Oregano Oil:
- Oregano oil has been used as a medicine for 4,000 years by ancient Chinese, Greek, and Roman doctors and healers.
- The word oregano means “joy of the mountain” in Greek and refers to the fact that oregano grows well at higher altitudes.
- When oregano blooms it has pink or purple flowers that are edible (and quite tasty)!
- In Greek mythology, oregano was created by Aphrodite as a symbol of happiness.
- Prior to the 1940s, oregano was fairly scarce in America. American soldiers stationed in Italy during World War II developed a love for the herb and brought it home with them.
While many articles will talk about the benefits and uses of Oregano Oil, or any Essential Oil for that fact, it is important to know that not all oils are created equal. Many many many oils out there are diluted, synthetic and ineffective. Labeling requirements for essential oils are very loose, so a lot of substances can be labeled “essential oil”, even if they are not therapeutic quality. I can only recommend the brand of essential oils that I use and distribute. I came to these oils after doing research and trying many different brands of essential oils over the years. If you would like more information about how to get the best quality, most therapeutic oils, use the contact page, I would be happy to steer you in the right direction.
Here is an interesting video on the antibacterial benefits of Essential Oils
In case your looking for a little Essential Oil Humor here’s a t-shirt that I find hilarious.
*Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional. None of the information on this blog is intended to cure, treat, or heal any disease. Please use essential oils at your own risk with lots of common sense.